Great Lakes Renewable Energy and Specialty Products Sales Representative
To apply for this position at Harris Battery, send us your CV/Resume here.
Harris Battery Company Inc. is a National Leader in the distribution of batteries and advanced power electronics for industrial, transportation, commercial and renewable energy industries. With innovative products that are highly efficient and durable, we provide power management and battery storage for ultimate reliability in mission critical applications.
Privately owned and founded in 1979, Harris Battery continues to build on a long tradition of unparalleled and award-winning OEM distribution service. With significant experience in designing power solutions for industrial applications and solar energy systems, Harris Battery is uniquely positioned for the next stage of growth in the stored energy industry.
The successful candidate for The Great Lakes Renewable Energy Sales Representative role is a driven and determined Sales Representative to contribute to our growth efforts in the Great Lakes region of the United States. Our focus will be concentrated on the UPS/Battery Backup, Solar (Renewable Energy) and Deep Cycle markets within this region. An electrical or technical background is preferred. If you are looking for a career with a growing company and would enjoy the challenge of contributing to the market development of a region, then we would like to speak with you. The position is based in our corporate headquarters in Bolivar, OH.
- Applying a hunter mentality to uncover new prospects and future customers
- Relationship development resulting in sustainable, profitable growth.
- Maximize the profitability of the customer and Harris by matching our technical and operational abilities to meet the customer’s needs.
- Provide training and education to our customers to position them to maximize the value they receive from our relationship.
- Utilize sales ability to grow business and build customer base by securing new business through cold calling, referrals, trade shows, and presenting new products to the existing customer base.
- Interface and work as a team with multiple departments within our organization.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of sales activities through the use of our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- A minimum of an Associate Degree - in an electrical related field is preferred
- Electrical/Technical experience within the Electronics, UPS/Battery Backup or Solar industries is required
- Organized, with attention to detail and the ability to operate within defined parameters
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated “Closing Skills”
- Above average abilities with Microsoft Office, Outlook and CRM Systems
- Required travel up to 50% after training
Commensurate with your experience, Harris Battery offers a competitive base salary plus commission program, medical, dental and optical insurance, matching 401k savings plan, and other benefits.
Our selection process includes a background check, driving record review, and pre-employment drug testing. Harris Battery is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Harris Battery provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
The Employment duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.